Friday 12 April 2013

Welcome to the new Yinka and the ID blog!!

Hi.
It's Yinka! Wassup! Welcome to the new Yinka and the ID radio show blog! 

For those of you who got here and know nothing about me I'll run it down for you real quick:


I broadcast a weekly radio show ‘Yinka and the ID’, Wednesdays at 530pm on London’s award winning Arts station Resonance FM. On the show I discuss current affairs, music and arts in a transatlantic context, drawing on my knowledge of music and culture in London and New York and I have broadcast the show from both cities. The aim of the show is to be informative yet irreverent. I write, produce, broadcast the show myself. This includes jingle production and engineering. I interviewed cultural icons including: Two time Grammy award winners Living Colour; DEATH (Detroit proto-punk rockers and Jack White favourites). I have covered historic events, where I interviewed members of the public, such as: US Presidential Elections - 2012 and 2008; Trayvon Martin Shooting US - 2012; Occupy Wall Street US 2011 - I was the first person to report directly from the Wall Street camp for Resonance; Student Protests UK 2011 - I reported from the scene as the protest happened and interviewed protesters.


So that's dealt with. Why the blog? Well I decided to put all the shows WITH tracklists in one place - finally.

Please bear with me as i add the shows restrospectively in as quickly as I can - the newer shows will be going up first.

Each post will always have a Soundcloud version of the weekly show, with Mixcloud versions being added as soon as I can get them uploaded.

So now you;re here, what are you waiting for - check out my first post now:

April 10 2013 - The Thatcher death episode - 'We are grandmother'





No comments:

Post a Comment